Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Instructions for Psych 550 Midterm: Cultural and Professional Competency Paper
The primary learning objective associated with this paper is for you to explore cultural competency as it applies to your desired profession. Supporting objectives consist of: a) ways in which practitioners might identify their own biases, b) modifying approaches based on clients with individualistic versus collectivistic culture, and c) exploring the characteristics of each aspect of culture as it relates to practice (race, gender, socioeconomic status, physical ability, sexual orientation, and religion).
Compose a 6-8 page essay on cultural and professional competency as it relates to a profession of your selection. The paper is to be in APA format and the title and reference pages do not count toward the minimum page requirement. This essay does not require an abstract. This essay can include writing from the first person as it calls for personal assessment and reflection.
Ensure that the following sections are addressed in your paper:
2. Acknowledge the importance of being culturally conscientious in psychological practice
3. Identify possible personal biases and how these personal biases could affect practice
4. Define individualistic and collectivistic cultures
5. Contrast and compare individualistic and collectivistic cultures
6. Explain how practical approaches might vary based on individualistic versus collectivistic client culture
7. Explain the importance of culture in your field as it relates to:
8. Conclusion summarizing the importance of cultural competency in practice
Make sure that you include at least 3-5 scholarly sources in your essay (peer-reviewed journals). Supplemental and required reading covered in this class will also serve as acceptable sources. I would strongly suggest you use the aforementioned bullet-points as respective (sub)headings in your paper to clearly articulate that you had addressed each aspect of this assignment.