Initial Post Activity and Writing Prompts
You will be conducting a counseling session with a movie/TV character
• First, select a TV show/movie that contains a character that exists in a setting that is similar to the future setting where you would like to provide counseling services. For example, if you are a CMHC student interested in a setting working with Veterans, you could select a movie like Saving Private Ryan and speak with Captain John. If you were a School Counseling student interested in a high school setting, you could select a movie like “The Breakfast Club” and talk with John.
• Second, for 5-10 minutes have a practice session with the character. Select one of the existential humanistic theories that we cover this week (Gestalt, Person Centered, Existential, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy…etc.) to guide your session as well as the counseling skills you select for use and how you use them. You may use the “basic counseling skills guide” attached below in addition to any skills and/or techniques that might be discussed in the text, specific to the approach.
• Third, write about your experience:
1. Identify the show/movie and character while providing enough background information to set the scene.
2. Provide an 8×8 (or longer) practice dialogue (8 counselor statements and 8 character statements).
3. Identify the existential humanistic approach that you used to guide your session and explain how the approach helped guide your session. Support with reference/s.
4. What did you avoid saying and why? Support with reference/s.
5. TIP: Consider using each of the four above writing prompts to organize your post with level one headings.
Jamie Farr (born Jameel Joseph Farah; July 1, 1934) is an American television and film comedian and theatre actor. He is best known for playing the cross-dressing corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger in the CBS television sitcom M*A*S*H.
Initial and Response Post Requirements
• Initial Post Writing Guidelines and Requirements:
o Initial posts are like small 1-2 page papers depending on your writing style. First, write the post in a word document, address each question, spell check, and review your paper against the rubric. After you finalize your initial post, please do not submit it as a word document! Instead, create a new thread with your name and the title of the post in the subject line and then copy and paste your draft from the word document to the discussion board and click submit.
o Your initial post is due by the end of the day on day 4 (Thursday at 11:59 p.m.).
o Two sources are required for your initial post, one should be a professional source (e.g., journal article) other than the textbook, and your second source can either be the textbook or another professional source). For your initial discussion board post you only need to follow APA procedures related to in-text citations and your reference list.
Initial Post Activity and Writing Prompts You will be conducting a counseling se
Initial Post Activity and Writing Prompts
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Top Quality Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university, or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Our support agents are available 24/7 and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
100% Plagiarism Free
Plagiarism is the biggest crime in the academic world. We have strict measures to ensure that all the essay papers are written from scratch to maintain originality and avoid plagiarism.
We have hired a team of professional writers who provide expert essay help. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders who are able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
Exceptional quality, professional writers, secure and private, always on time. This is how our clients described their experience working with us. We value our clients above all and strive to uphold the high standards that we have set.
Quality is everything. We make sure that each completed paper that we send is an absolute masterpiece. It is well-written, thoroughly thought out, follows guidelines, has impeccable format and completely original. You can be confident that your paper is one-of-a-kind because we double-check it for plagiarism. Your instructor will be impressed when you turn in your paper.
Wileyscholars.com has special quality assurance team guarantees that all the papers are plagiarism-free and meet the standards or specific requirements of certain academic institutions (these may vary, you know, and they may vary even between different teachers). Upon placing an order, you can communicate with your writer during the entire process and even after it is completed. This ensures a customized service, meeting the exact needs and expectations of any, even the most demanding customers.
PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH CUSTOM ACADEMIC PAPERS SINCE 2007